Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Top 5 Rules for Engineers Dealing with Drafters

  1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 3:45 and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.
  2. If it's a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going, or even better hover behind me advising every keystroke. That helps.
  3. If you give me more than one job, don't tell which has priority. I am psychic.
  4. If you have special instructions for a job, do not write them down. In fact save them until the job is almost done. No point in confusing me with useful information.
  5. Tell me about your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay so much tax on the bonus check for being such a good engineer.
Ganked from The Lazy Drafter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you write these specifically about me kok? Now I feel bad for our drafters, but in my defense about number 1 - I would bring the work in the morning, but that's when I'm working on it to give it to the drafters...just because I was distracted by blogs, my cell phone and going out to lunch and can't get it to drafting before 3:45 doesn't mean I need it back from the drafters any later though kok. Just kidding. Those are really funny though...in a not so funny and I wish they weren't true kinda way. :-)